Solar Thermal / Solar Water
Benefits of Thermal Hot Water
- RHI for Non-Domestic for the life of the installation or up to 20 years (Energy Saving Trust 2013)
- RHI for Domestic is fixed for 7 years (Energy Saving Trust 2013)
- Generate 50–70% of your hot water needs
- Reduce your CO2 emissions
- Reduce your energy bills
- High quality, guaranteed products
- Low maintenance
Solar Thermal hot water systems are one of the most practicable and cost effective renewable measures, Solar thermal hot water systems can be especially cost effective when used to heat water for swimming pools, hotels and for commercial sites where large volumes of hot water are used. Sustain Services have installed systems into many locations providing hot water from a renewable resource for domestic, commercial and social housing clients, ranging from 150 – 5200 litres per day.
Solar thermal systems work by collecting the sun's energy and converting it in a three step process:
- Solar collector – which is fitted to the roof, absorbing the sun’s heat and transferring it to the fluid in the solar circuit pipes.
- Solar circuit – this transports the hot fluid from the collectors to the hot water cylinder.
- Hot water cylinder – receives the hot fluid and transfers the heat to the domestic hot water supply
Solar Thermal installations are supported by the Government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) paying you for every kWh generated.