Benefits of Loft Insulation
- Reduced energy bills, up to £180 per year (Energy Saving Trust 2013)
- Improves reduction in heat loss
- More comfortable living environment
- Helping to lessen the effect of energy price rises
- Can enhance the lifespan of your boiler
- Improved energy rating
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Reduces carbon emissions and your homes carbon footprint
Loft insulation is a quick and relatively cheap way for you to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
Modern loft insulation is very different from the traditional “itchy” style and consists of a “quilt” of environmentally friendly mineral fibres that is laid between and across the joists in your loft. In installing your loft insulation up to current building standards (270mm) our installers will ensure that the layers of quilt are laid at right angles to each other to ensure there are no cold gaps and eliminate any cold bridging.
If left undisturbed your loft insulation should last indefinitely, meaning you don’t have to go through the process of having it installed every few years.
Insulating your loft or topping up any insulation you have already will help to reduce heat loss and make your home more energy efficient.