external Wall insulation - EWI
Benefits of External Wall Insulation
- Reduced energy bills, up to £490 per year (Energy Saving Trust 2013)
- Environmental friendly and saves around 1.9 tonnes of CO2 a year (Energy Saving Trust 2013)
- Can enhance the lifespan of your boiler
- Extends lifespan of building
- Significantly improves the appearance of the building.
- Can add value to the property
With 45% of heat escaping through the walls EWI is an excellent solution for properties with solid walls. To insulate a solid wall from the outside, a layer of insulation material is fixed to the walls with mechanical fixings and adhesive, then covered with a protective layer of render or cladding.
The finish can be smooth, textured, tiled, pebble-dashed (for easy maintenance) or finished with brick slips to provide a real masonry finish. The finish will cover the whole of the outside of your home, including existing brickwork adding value and desirability to your property.
With a variety of funding initiatives available this insulating solution for solid walls is more financially viable.